금강자연미술비엔날레
HOME ENGLISH
  • 비엔날레
  • 전시작품
  • 비엔날레

비엔날레에 출품한 전시작품입니다.

전시작품

비엔날레에 출품한 전시작품입니다.

[ 상설전 Permanent ] 김도희 (한국) Kim Dohee (Korea)

페이지 정보

본문

<무덤에서 In the Tomb> 

5bab99eaf7a970822801f3d0f3e4f5f4_1662011167_5846.JPG

북쪽으로는 비탈진 언덕, 남쪽으로는 금강을 바라본 본 양지바른 터를 보자마자 가장 자연스러운 형태로서의 봉분(무덤의 한 형태)이 떠올랐다. 땅을 파내려간 자리에 생명이 다 한 몸을 눕히고 그 위에 다시 산처럼, 혹은 어미의 가슴이나 자궁처럼 솟은 형태를 지어 올리는 행위는 삶과 죽음의 연결성을 상징하며 자연과 사람을 잇는 원형으로서의 형태를 남긴다. 서양에서도 자궁무덤(Tomb Womb)이라 불리는 고분으로 매장실을 덮는 신석기 시대 형식(BC 4000)이 남아, 출생과 여성숭배를 암시한다. 작품은 공주 연미산의 장소성을 반영하기 위해 백제식 고분을 대표하는 왕릉, 무령왕릉의 굴식 벽돌 무덤의 특징을 적용하였다. 다만, 이곳은 특권층이 아닌 평등한 모든 사람을 위한 곳이다. ‘금강에 살어리랏다는 노래처럼 세속의 번뇌에서 잠시 벗어난 이상향의 상징인 금강을 향해 열린 장소이면서도 주변에서 도드라지기보다는 뒤에서 보았을 때에는 하나의 조용하고 평범한 무덤처럼 보이기를 바랐다. 한사람이 몸을 낮추어 들어갈 수 있는 이 무덤자리에서 고요한 멈춤의 시간을 경험하고, 삶과 죽음의 연결성을 사유할 수 있기를 바란다.

Once I see the bright spot facing steep hill in the north and Geumgang River in the South, I recall the most natural shape of the tomb. The behavior to lay down the dead body at the dug spot and raise the shape like a mountain, a breast or a womb of mother symbolizes the connectivity between life and death and leaves the circular shape to connect with nature and human-being. In the west, the type of the neolithic age(BC4000) is remained to cover the burial chamber with tumulus called as tomb womb, implicating the birth and the adoration of women. The artwork applies the characteristics of Royal Tomb of King Muryeong, a cave-style brick tomb, representing the tumulus in Baekje to apply the placeness of Yeonmisan mountain in Gongju. However, the place is not for the privileged class but for the ordinary people. Like a song, ‘I will live in Geumgang River,’ I want the place to be seen as a quiet and ordinary tomb as well as opened place toward the river, a symbol of Utopia relieved from the agony of the world for a while. I hope you experience the calm time at this tomb where a person can enter keeping low position and meditate on the connection between life and death.

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.