본문

2020 금강자연미술비엔날레 '新섞기시대_또 다른 조우'

Geumgang Nature Art Biennale 2020 'Neomixed Era with Neobalanced Encounter'

강운 (한국)

Kang Un (Korea)

<공기와 꿈>

<​Air and Dream>

96cdc8d15ccd9aa20cc29c1f98375fea_1622101785_3651.jpg

구름은 가장 몽상적인 시적 오브제들 중의 하나이다라고 가스통 바슐라르가 말했듯 구름은 나의 영감의 원천이자 나를 꿈꾸게 하는 모티브다.

이 연작의 시작은 표구점에서 종이 배접하는 것을 보면서였다. 배접 판에 종이를 정성스레 붙였다 뗐다 하는 과정에서 중첩되며 만들어지는 흔적이 아름다웠다. 공기와 시간과 노동도 함께 드나드는 추상적인 미감이 있었다.

<공기와 꿈>은 코팅이 안 된 아사천에 천연염색 된 한지를 조각조각 붙이고 그 위에 세상에서 가장 얇은 한지를 작게 잘라 겹겹이 붙여 공기의 층을 만든 다음, 그 엷은 공기 층위에 다시 (공기 속에 존재하는 수증기 입자가 모여 구름을 형성하듯) 구름과 바람을 형상화시킨 작업이다.

나는 잡념과 고통이 없어질 때까지 오랜 시간 작은 한지 조각을 화면에 붙인다. 이는 나에 게 수행과 기도의 의미를 가진다. 이러한 과정을 통해 끊임없이 순환하는 구름이란 소재는 보이는 형상 안에서 보이지 않는 세계에 대한 사유와 철학을 드러낸다.

As Gaston Bachelard once remarked, “Cloud is one of the most dreamlike poetic objet,” cloud is a source of inspiration as well as a dreamy motif to me.

One day, I dropped by a frame shop where I saw a process of attaching a paper on the back of a painting before framing to make it flat and tight. While an expert in the shop sincerely pasted and took off a paper during that process, as the paper was repeatedly overlapped on the painting, traces were left behind which I found beautiful. It was wherein air, time, and labor were meeting altogether, which evoked an abstract aesthetic sense.

Air and Dream series is embodiment of cloud and wind. On an uncoated linen fabric, pieces of a natural dyed Hanji were pasted and then tiny pieces of the world’s thinnest type of Hanji were overlapped to express a thin layer of air, above which imageries of cloud and wind were created as if tiny particles of water vapor formed clouds.

I would spend a long time pasting tiny pieces of Hanji on the painting until distracting thoughts and pain went away. It was a process of disciplining myself as well as praying, through which cloud as objet which incessantly circulates reflected thoughts and philosophical view on an invisible world out of its visible imagery.

캔버스에 염색한지 Korean paper on canvas, 259.1x181.8cm

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.