금강자연미술비엔날레
HOME ENGLISH
  • 비엔날레
  • 지난 비엔날레
  • 비엔날레

지난 비엔날레에 출품한 작품들을 올려드립니다.

지난 비엔날레

지난 비엔날레에 출품한 작품들을 올려드립니다.

[ 2021 ] 젤린 세아 (말레이시아) Zelin Seah (Malaysia)

페이지 정보

작성자 Admin   조회Hit 615   작성일2021-08-30

본문

젤린 세아 (말레이시아)  

Zelin Seah (Malaysia) 

​<서식지 Habitat>

c2dd4487d583cb29f81a06cd64f89571_1630307326_1053.jpg

서식지 (Habitat)”는 머무는 장소이지만, 보호의 기능은 없다.

관람객들은 등나무 식물을 보고, 만지고, 심지어는 그 재료를 잘 이해하기 위하여, 등나무로 무언가를 만들어 볼 수도 있다.

나는 내 작품을 자연과 혼합되는 것으로 만들고 싶다. 말하자면, 관람객들이 내 작품을 통과해서 경치를 바라볼 수도 있는 그런 것을 만들고 싶다. 작품을 만드는 과정에서 나는 못이나 풀을 사용하지 않는다. 오직 등 식물만 사용한다.

등은 열대성 식물이다. 숲에서 무작위로 자란다. 원주민들만이 등이 자라는 것을 알고, 등을 자를 수 있는 허가증이 있다. 우리는 대체로 등을 공예품이나 바구니, 의자 같은 가구로서 만난다. 그러나 나는 이 작품을 그런 기능적인 것으로 만들지는 않는다. 나는 등이라는 재료 자체의 아름다움을 보여주고 싶다. “자연 자원, natural resources"라는 단어를 보면 사람들은 그것의 아름다움을 즐기기보다는 그 기능과 가치를 보는 것 같다.

이런 속담이 있다: 네가 손에 쥐고 있으면, 너는 아무것도 가지고 있지 않다. 네가 그것을 열 때, 너는 세상을 가진 것이다. 내 작품의 경우에 들어맞는 속담이다.

"Habitat" is a place for staying in, but no function as protection.

One can enjoy seeing, experience by touching and even make shapes with the rattan, to understand the material.

I want to make works that blend with nature, that you can see through, and look at the scenery. In my process there is no nail or glue involved. It is all by rattan itself.

Rattan is a tropical plant and it grows randomly in the forest, only native people know where it grows and has permission to cut. Most of the time we see it as craft and furniture, like basket, chair. But for this work I make no function for it. I hope to show you the beauty of the material itself. I was looking at the word "natural resources". Human seem to see functions, values in nature, more than enjoy the beauty.

There is a saying: when you hold on your hand you have nothing in it, but when you open it up, you have the world with you. As same as my work.

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.