금강자연미술비엔날레
HOME ENGLISH
  • 비엔날레
  • 지난 비엔날레
  • 비엔날레

지난 비엔날레에 출품한 작품들을 올려드립니다.

지난 비엔날레

지난 비엔날레에 출품한 작품들을 올려드립니다.

[ 2021 ] 랄프 C. 럼브레스 (필리핀) Ralph C. Lumbres (Philippines)

페이지 정보

작성자 Admin   조회Hit 526   작성일2021-08-30

본문

랄프 C. 럼브레스 (필리핀) 

Ralph C. Lumbres (Philippines) 

​<탁푸안 Tagpuan>

c2dd4487d583cb29f81a06cd64f89571_1630302681_0138.jpg

c2dd4487d583cb29f81a06cd64f89571_1630302719_1515.jpg

c2dd4487d583cb29f81a06cd64f89571_1630302725_1378.jpg

탁푸안은 공간 설계를 통하여 종과 종의 사이 즉 종간의 감정이입을 만들어내는 것을 목표로 하고 있다. 필리핀어에서 탁푸안은 모이는 장소라는 의미가 있다. 이 공간은 생물다양성의 장소로 만들기를 원한다. 모든 생물의 놀이와 상호작용을 격려하는 종간의 놀이터이다. 또한 나는 이 설치작품에 대해 인간이 우리에 갇혀있는 동물들을 바라보는 관행을 깨는 -동물원으로 간주한다.

이 프로젝트에서는 타 종간의 상호의존성이 생태계에 아주 중요한 것이며, 인간은 다른 동물, 식물들이 인간의 소비를 위해서뿐만 아니라 교류를 위해서도 필요하다고 여긴다. ‘탁푸안의 목표는 인간, 동물들, 식물들, 곰팡이들, 미생물들을 모두 초대하는 것이다. 이곳은 강제로 모이는 장소가 아니라, 상호작용을 돕기 위한 장소이다. 이곳은 놀이, 명상, 관찰, 상호 간의 교류, , 서로의 행복을 추구하는 장소이다.

이 프로젝트의 목적은 생태적 영향과 지역 생물의 다양성에 책임을 지면서 창의적 공간을 만들려는 것이다. 이는 특정한 장소에 설치한 작품이며, 이 프로젝트의 디자인 원칙은 특정 장소의 사회 문화적 맥락과 함께 이 장소의 지형, 물리적 특징, 생태계를 고려하는 것이다. 그 과정은 지역의 사회와 자연과 함께 공동으로 진행될 것이다.

우리의 관계는 다만 우리 인간이라는 종에게만 국한된 것인가? 다른 종들도 자신이 속한 종끼리만 관계를 맺는 것일까? 우리는 그렇지 않다는 것을 알고 있다. 생태계가 작동하고, 모든 살아 있는 존재들의 삶의 질을 개선하는 데는 공생과 상호의존이 필수적이다.

공간을 다루는 작업을 하고, 환경 공동체 프로젝트들을 수행하는 한 예술가로서 나는 자연과 총체적인 관계를 맺는 제3의 공간을 만드는 새로운 방법들을 탐구하고자 한다. 현존하는 제3의 공간, 즉 공원이나 정원은 인간 중심적이라는 비판이 있다. 공원이나 정원은 야생생물을 고려하더라도 그것은 인간이 감상하고, 인간의 삶을 개선하기 위해서이다. 나는 모든 존재가 평등하게 취급받고, 모든 당사자가 이로운 그런 공간을 만들고 싶다. 이러한 이유로 나는 이 공간의 설계에 인간이 아닌 다른 동식물들이 참여할 가능성을 고려해 보고 싶다. 생태계의 모방은 이를 위한 한 가지 방법이다. 그러나 나는 지역 주민들과 함께, 다른 동식물들과 공간을 공동 창조하는 더욱 직접적 방법들을 탐구해 보고 싶다.

이 프로젝트의 또 다른 접근방법은 체화된 인지이다. 체화된 인지란 우리의 마음과 몸은 서로 정보를 주고받으며, 마음으로만 생각한다는 관념을 부정하는 개념이다. 이 개념을 응용해서, 이 작품은 여러 감각들을 활용하는 것이 우리가 무언가를 배우고, 느끼고, 처리하고, 또한 감정이입을 하는 것에 효과적이라는 점을 의미한다. 이것은 내가 학제 간의 연구를 하는 사람들과 현재 연구 중인 주제이다.

나는 미학적인 관점에서 탁푸안을 설치 예술품이라고 생각한다. 그러나 이것을 일반적인 공원과 구별하기 위하여, 나는 종간의 놀이라는 아이디어를 제시할 새롭고 특별한 모습들을 만들기를 원한다. 그러한 특별한 모습 중 하나는 새들을 불러들이는 장치이다. 이 장치는 새들의 소리를 증폭하기 위한 확성기가 부착되어 있다. 이 프로젝트를 본격적으로 시작하면 이런 것들을 더 많이 탐구해 볼 생각이다.

Tagpuan aims to foster interspecies empathy through spatial design. Tagpuan means “gathering place” in Filipino. This space intends to become a conuence of people with the local biodiversity. As a built space, it is an interspecies playground that encourages play and interaction among living beings. I also consider this installation as an “anti-zoo,” breaking the human gaze of caged animals.

This project believes that interspecies interdependence is vital to ecosystems, and we need other animals, plants, etc. not just for consumption but also for companionship. The goal of Tagpuan is to be inviting to people, animals, plants, fungus, and microbes. In this sense, it is a space that facilitates interaction rather than forcing these agents to gather. It is a space for play, reflection, observation and enjoying each other’s companycontributing to the well-being of each other.

Through art and design, the goal of the project is to build a creative space while still being responsible for the ecological impact and local biodiversity. As a site-specic installation, the main design principle of the project is to become influenced by the existing topography, physical features, and ecology, in addition to the social and cultural context of the site. The process will be a co-creation with the local community and nature itself.

Is a personal relationship built on care exclusive only to our species? Should other species only care for their own species as well? We know that this is not the case. Symbiosis and interdependence is vital for the ecosystem to thrive and in improving the quality of life of all living beings.

As an artist who works with space and does environmental community projects, I want to explore new ways of building a third space that is holistic with nature. One criticism with existing and similar third spaces, such as parks or gardens, is that they are often human-centric. Even if wildlife is considered, still, the focus is for human appreciation and betterment. I want to create a project where all lives are treated equally, and benefits all parties. Because of this, I also want to consider the possibility of participation from non-human beings in the design of the space. Biomimicry is one way of doing this, but I also want to explore more direct ways of co-creating with non-human beings together with the local community.

Another approach to this project is embodied cognition. This is the idea that the mind and body are mutually informing, breaking the notion that we only think with our minds. In application, this means that utilizing multiple senses are effective for learning, feeling, processing, and possibly in fostering empathy as well. This is the research that I am doing with an interdisciplinary research group, which I will also get to later.

Aesthetically, I consider Tagpuan as an art installation, but to further distinguish it from a regular park, I also want to create new and specic features that pushes forward this idea of interspecies play. One feature of this installation that I want to propose is an object that attracts birds which has a horn attached to it to amplify the bird sounds. I hope to explore more of these if I ever get to do this project.

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.