지난 비엔날레에 출품한 작품들을 올려드립니다.

[ 2015 ] 피터 워드 (영국)ㅣPeter Ward (UK)

페이지 정보

작성자 Admin   조회Hit 5,926   작성일2015-10-05

본문

피터 워드 (영국)ㅣPeter Ward (UK)
    크기변환_animalistic - 1 hour of feathers, birdsong _ p ward 2011-15.jpg
    Animalistic

두 개의 작품은 동물과 연관되어 있다. ‘깃털의 1시간’은 짧은 해안 산책 중 수집한 깃털들로 만들었으며, ‘새의 지저귐’은 단순한 드로잉을 통해 깃털로 덮인 우리의 친구들에 의해 표현되는 다양한 억양들의 일부를 포착하려 했다. 우리가 이 대지를 함께하는 다른 생명체들인 야생 동물들과의 관계는 나에게 끊임없는 영감과 경이의 원천이 되어오고 있다.
    “나는 우리의 상상 속에서 야생 동물이 무엇인가에 대해, 그리고 인쇄되고 화면에 비춰지는 이미지들로 대체되어 단지 야생에서만이 아니라 사람들의 일상에서 어떻게 그들이 사라지고 있는지 생각한다. 그들이 보다 희귀해질수록 동물들이 가질 수 있는 의미는 적어진다. 결국 희귀함이 그들이 가진 전부이다.”
           헬렌 맥도널드 <메이블 이야기> 중에서

Two works relating to animals: ‘1 hour of feathers’ is made from feathers collected during a short coastal walk; ‘birdsong’ Aims to capture some of the varied intonations of sound expressed by our feathered friends through
    Simple drawing. My relationship to wildlife, to the other life forms with whom we share this earth, has been a constant source of inspiration and wonder.
    “I think of what wild animals are in our imaginations. And how they are disappearing – not just from the wild, but from people’s everyday lives, replaced by images of themselves in print and on screen. The rarer they get, the  fewer meanings animals can have. Eventually rarity is all they are made of.” From H is for Hawk by Helen Macdonald.

크기변환_expressions of an intimate ecology - painted log _ p ward 2010.jpg

친밀한 생태학의 표현들
    Expressions of an intimate ecology

나는 북부 대번의 해변을 따라 걷던 중 이 큰 유목 통나무를 우연히 발견하고 근처에서 모은 천연 안료로 페인트칠을 했다. 몇 주 후 통나무는 바다로 되돌아가 해변에서 사라졌다. 육 개월 후 통나무는 같은 해변에 다시 나타났는데 여전히 페인트칠은 남아있었지만 그것이 어디였는지는 알 수 없는 스스로의 여정에 의해 변해있었다.
    작품은 종종 자발적으로, 환경에 응하여 그리고 환경과 함께, 이의 진화를 이루기 위해 모은 재료들과 자연력을 사용하며 만들어진다. 나에게 미술과 제작은 아마도 세계를 실제적으로 그리고 상상을 통해 배우게 되는 수단이다.
    “미술은 보이는 것을 재현하는 것이 아니라 보이게 만드는 것이다.”  파울 클레

I came upon this large driftwood log during a walk along a beach in North Devon And painted it with locally gathered earth pigments. After A few Weeks the log disappeared from the beach, taken back by the sea. Six months later it reappeared on the same beach, still painted but altered by its journey, wherever it may have been.
    Work Is often made spontaneously, in response to and with the environment, using gathered materials and elemental forces to shape its evolution. For me, ART And making are means through which I May learn about the world both practically and imaginatively.
    “Art Does not reproduce the visible but makes visible”  Paul Klee

크기변환_painting with earth - 6 minutes to save the world _ p ward 2011.jpg

대지와의 그림 / 함께 그리기
    Painting with earth / Painting togethery

이 활동은 기후 변화에 대한 창의적 대응을 탐구하기 위한 작가 레지던시 실리 제도 여행의 일환으로 이뤄졌다. 참가자들은 지구의 안녕에 기여할 수 있는 활동을 떠올리며 근처 해변에 발견된 작고 동그란 화강암 바위 위에 천연 안료를 이용해 그림을 그리도록 요청 받았다. 한 안료는 나의 집에서 모아 가져왔으며 다른 하나는 아침 해안에서 수집한 것이었다. 채색된 돌은 모임 내내 그 공간에 부적으로 남아있었고 후에 그 공간에 선물로서 남겨졌다. 현지에서 모은 천연 안료를 이용한 그림은 나의 작업에 있어 지질학, 사회사, 미술, 그리고 대지의 자원들과 갖는 우리의 관계들에 대한 통찰력을 제공하는 중요하고 필수적인 일부가 되었다. 제작은 내가 사용하는 재료들에 대한 더 깊은 이해를 통해 보다 풍부해졌다. 재료에 대한 관찰과 단순한 반응을 너머, 그림은 환경과 심지어는 의식의 연구를 위한 공간을 제공한다. 다른 이들과의 그림은 자신을 넘어서는 소통의 감각뿐 아니라 이러한 모든 것을 함께 가져다 주는지도 모르겠다.
    “우리의 삶이 형성되는 것에서 비롯된 원료들과 다시 관계를 맺는 것은 무엇이 진짜이고 무엇이 단지 환상에 불과한지의 차이를 강력하게 상기시킨다.”     아나 코니그

An action performed as part of an artists’ residency expedition on the Isles of Scilly to explore creative responses to climate change. Participants were invited to make marks with earth pigments on a small, round granite boulder found on a nearby beach while bringing to mind an act they may contribute to earth’s wellbeing. One pigment had been gathered from my home and brought with me. Another collected that morning from the shore. The painted stone remained as a talisman within the space throughout the meeting, then left as a gift to the space. Painting with locally gathered earth pigments has become an important and integral part of my art practice, offering insights into geology, social history, art and our relationships with earth’s resources. Making has been enriched through a deeper understanding of the materials I use. Beyond observation and a simple response to materials, painting may offer a space for investigation of environment and even ritual. Painting with others may bring together all these as well as a sense of communication beyond self.
     “Re-engaging with the raw materials from which our lives are shaped is a potent reminder of the difference between what is real and what is only illusory” Anna Konig

Peter Ward (UK)

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.