지난 비엔날레에 출품한 작품들을 올려드립니다.

[ 2016 ] 김용익 (한국) - 풍장(風葬) | Kim Yong-ik (Korea) - Wind funeral

페이지 정보

작성자 Admin   조회Hit 5,608   작성일2016-08-23

본문

07. 김용익 (한국) - 풍장_1.JPG

07. 김용익 (한국) - 풍장_2.JPG

풍장(風葬)

작년 말부터 올해 초 사이에 몹시 몸이 안 좋아 여기저기 검사까지 받아 봤다.

올해로 내 나이 예순 아홉, 옛날로 말하면 죽어도 벌써 죽었을 나이이다. 이젠 어떻게 잘 살아야할까를 생각하기보다는 어떻게 잘 죽어야할까를 생각해야 한다. 그리고 이런 생각이야말로 내 몸이 자연에 순응하여 스스로 생각해내는스스로 그러한 것(自然)이리라... 옛날 어른들은 나이가 들면 자기 관을 미리 맞춰다 놓고 정성스레 옻칠도 올리고 미리 들어가 누어 보기도 했다지 않은가? 그래서 그리 된 것인지는 몰라도 올해 들어 내 왕년의 작업들을 관을 짜서 넣어버리는 작업을 하게 되었다. 이른바 원왕생(願往生)시리즈 작업이다.

이번 작업도 같은 맥락이다. 작가로서의 나의 흔적인 책, 팜플렛 등을 야외에 매달아 비바람 눈서리에 서서히 썩게 만드는, 이른바풍장 (風葬)”을 시키는 작업이다.

여기서 내 책이나 팜플렛은 일차적으로는 나라는 존재의 상징이나 더 나아가 현세의 인간들이 생산해 내는 예술작품일반의 상징이기도 하다. 긴 우주적 호흡으로 볼 때 인간의 역사는 한 순간에 불과한데 하물며 현대의 작가들이 만들어낸 예술작품이야 말해 무삼하리오?라고까지 이 작품을 해석한다면 너무 과잉해석이라 할 것인가?

어쨌거나 이 작업은 유구한 자연 앞에서 예술 작품의 덧없음을 비유하는 것으로 읽혀지기를 희망하는 생태-개념주의(eco-conceptualism) 작품이자 예술작품의 힘이 자연의 힘에 대적할 수 없을 예시하는 생태-아나키즘(eco-anarchism) 작품이다.

1~2년 정도 야외에 매달아 놓았다가 들여와 뮤지엄 피스(museum piece)를 만들 수도 있고 그냥 계속 매달아 놓을 수도 있다.

- 2015. 7. 4. 김용익

Wind funeral

I was in very poor health since the end of last year to earlier this year, and have been examined thoroughly.

This year I am 69 years old, I must have died already in ancient times. Now I think of how to die well and how to live well. And that thought is precisely the adaptation to nature, and thinking by myself to "be yourself". Adults of ancient time have made their own coffin, and lying by entering first.

I do not know if that's why, but I started to do work where I introduced my former works in coffins. This is a series of works "want, go and grow”.

This work is consistent. It is a work of "wind funeral", suspending my old books or pamphlets as artists to let them rot in the wind and snow.

Here, my books or brochures represent my existence first, but also represent the artworks produced by humans of the modern time. Seeing from a cosmic breath, the human history is only a moment, then the works of art produced by contemporary artists mean nothing. But if this work is analyzed as well, it would be a improper analysis?

Anyway, this work is an eco-conceptualism work that wishes to be seen as a metaphor for the ephemeral works of art to the eternal nature, and eco-anarchism work, which illustrates that the strength of an artwork cannot defy the force of nature.

I can create a museum piece or leave suspended after hanging out for 1 to 2 years.

- July 4, 2015, Kim Yong-ik

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.