전시작품

비엔날레에 출품한 전시작품입니다.

[ 상설전 Permanent ] [상설전] 레카 스자보 Reka Szabo

페이지 정보

본문

레카 스자보 (헝가리) Reka Szabo (Hungary)

<벨베데레 Belvedere>

47c0d96ffd56262547ee5e439f924971_1575619000_547.JPG

나의 프로젝트는 고마나루 전설에서 영감을 얻은 것이다. 나는 강을 굽어 볼 수 있는 전망대 작업을 좋아한다. 언덕 기슭에서, 곰의 머리 부분에서 우리는 나루를 볼 수 있고, 곰의 시각에서 사람들의 삶을 내려다 볼 수 있다. 그 전망대는 언덕 위에 나루를 내려다 보는 곰의 머리 형상을 하고 서 있다.

그 곰의 머리는 철을 용접하여 뼈대를 만들었으며, 그 구조는 단순화한 기하학적인 형태이다. 중간부에는 (전망대로서) 곰의 두 눈이 있고, 하단부에는 곰의 입(전망대로 들어가는 입구)이 있다. 곰의 눈과 입을 제외한 공간은 촘촘히 엮어진 대나무로 채워져 있다. 곰의 입은 사람이 곰의 머리로 들어가는 입구이며, 곰의 눈을 통해 강을 굽어 볼 수 있다.

고마나루 전설을 이어서, 곰의 영혼이 숲으로 돌아가 언덕 위에서 사랑하는 사람이 다시 돌아오기를 기다리며 천 년의 시간을 지나온 그 나루를 굽어보고 있는 것이다. 이 전망대는 사람들이 곰의 머리에 들어가서 곰의 시각으로 세상을 보고, 곰의 고통을 함께 하고, 그 경이로운 자연의 일부가 되어보는 것이다.

입구는 나지막해서, 우리가 들어가려면 고개를 숙여야 한다. 이런 행위는 자연에 대한 우리의 존경심의 표현이며, 먼저 외부에 우리의 의지를 내려놓고 들어가려는 시도이다.

나는 작업의 원천으로 곰의 전설을 선택했다. 내가 사는 트란실바니아에는 곰이 많고, 곰은 언제나 우리 고장의 민속 문화의 중요한 부분 중 하나였다. 그러나 그 곳에서의 벌목이 야생동물들의 서식지에 큰 위협이 되고, 지금은 벌목이 큰 환경문제가 되었다. 이 프로젝트는 현재 트란실바니아에서의 문제와 여기 금강변 고마나루의 문제를 같이 다루는 것이다. 이 두 경우에서 우리는 자연의 시각에서 세상을 바라보고, 전세계적인 시각에서 이해하기를 배우는 것이다.

작업 진행 중에는 대나무를 세밀하게 맞추어 구조를 덮어나가는 작업의 반복이 여러 날 지속되자 단조로우면서도 우울한 기분이 들기도 했다. 그러나 그 일상의 반복은 자연스럽게 명상을 위한 환경을 조성했다. 그 안에서 나의 감정 세계가 열렸고, 나의 영혼의 한 조각을 작업의 흐름 속에 투사했다.

그래서 벨베데레(Belvedere)는 명상의 장소가 될 수도 있다. 여기에서 우리는 시끄러운 삶에서 멀리 떨어져서, 자연에 집중하고, 자연을 이해하며, 자연의 숨소리를 들을 수 있다.

* 벨베데레: 궁전이나 주택의 위층 또는 정원의 높은 곳에 전망용으로 건조된 일종의 옥상노대.

My project was inspired by the Gomanaru tale.I like to do a lookout over the river, on the hillside, where from of the head of bear we can see the wharf, we can see the lives of the people through into the bear perspective.The lookout is on a hill, where the head of a bear figure of stands out, who is staring at the wharf.

The bear's head is made from welded iron structure, where the anatomy appears simplified geometric configurations. In the central area (eye level) there is the eyes of a bear (as the lookout points) in the lower half there is the bear's mouth (as the entrance to the lookout).

The empty spaces between the iron structure are filled bamboo branches, sensely, side by side. The eyes and the mouth is left blank as a functional open spaces. So the bear's mouth is the entrance, where we walk into the bear's head, and then we can view down to the river through the eyes.

Continuing the story of Gomanaru tale, the spirit of the bear returnes to the forest and staring at the wharf behind a hill ON over a thousand years only waiting for the return of the person she loves.This lookout provides a chance for the people to go enter into the bear's head, and look to the bear into perspective over the world, and be part of the pain of the bear, be part of the awesome freedom of wildlife.

The entrance size is low, so we have to fold our heads to go enter. With this gesture we express our respect for the wildlife, and before we go in, we try to leave the human ego outside.

I chose this story as inspiration, because I live in Transylvania, where is a very large bear population and the bear has always been an important role in our folk culture. But logging is a major threat to the habitat of wild animals and now it's a big environmental problem here.

This project has a twofold reaction to the current Transylvanian environmental problems and the ancient tale of Gomanaru, in both cases, we need to learn to look at at the world from perspective of the nature, and look towards to a global understanding.

During the process, I did the same work for several days, covering with the bamboo, focusing on the precision and after a while the work atmosphere changed to a kind of positive monotony and melancholy, where the working method became routine, and created a spontaneous meditation mood. In this mood my own emotional world opened, and I put one piece of my soul into the workflow.

So the belvedere can also serve as a place of meditation, where we try to concentrate at the nature, we try to understand the nature and we try to hear the pulse of the nature far away from the noisy life.

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.