금강자연미술비엔날레
HOME ENGLISH
  • 비엔날레
  • 지난 비엔날레
  • 비엔날레

지난 비엔날레에 출품한 작품들을 올려드립니다.

지난 비엔날레

지난 비엔날레에 출품한 작품들을 올려드립니다.

[ 2015 ] 야넷 보테스 (남아프리카공화국)ㅣJanet Botes (South Africa)

페이지 정보

작성자 Admin   조회Hit 6,873   작성일2015-10-05

본문

야넷 보테스 (남아프리카공화국)ㅣJanet Botes (South Africa)
    크기변환_janetbotes_boomleertjies.jpg

“나무사다리”  “Boomleertjies”

작품의 제목 “Boomleertjies”은 이 간단한 대지미술 작품의 물리적 혹은 문자 그대로의 모습을 나타내는 ‘나무사다리’로 번역될 수 있다. 이 작품은 SCAPES라는 프로젝트의 일부를 구성하는데 역할을 하기도 했는데, SCAPES는 관중(행위 예술), 관람객 (전시회), 그리고 참가자들(상호작용적 이벤트, 공연, 그리고 설치 작품들)과의 상호작용을 목표로 이를 통해 ‘-scpaes(경관)’, 특히 landscpaes(풍경들)과의 인간 상호작용을 탐구한다.
    이 프로젝트를 통해 자넷 보테스는 예술과 창의적 해석이 의식을 끌어올리고 또한 특정 환경이나 경관으로 예술가, 참가자, 혹은 개인 사이의 상호작용을 일으킬 수 있는 방법들을 모색하고자 했다.

The title “Boomleertjies” translates to ‘tree ladders’, referring to the physical or literal appearance of this simple land art work. This artwork formed part of a project called SCAPES. SCAPES was aimed at interacting with audiences (performance art), viewers (exhibitions) and participants (interactive events, performances and installations), and through this explore human interaction with '-scapes', especially landscapes.
    Through the project Janet Botes hoped to investigate ways in which art and creative interpretation could raise awareness and also create an interaction between artist, participant or individual with a specific environment or scape.

크기변환_janetbotes_Fingerprint.jpg

“지문”  “Fingerprint”

“신의 지문
     이것은 내가 나의 눈꺼풀 뒤로 보는
     무늬
     그리고 내가 잎 혹은 어쩌면
     그저 저 멀리의 대양을 바라 볼 때
     그것은 여울에 이는 물결로부터 나를
     올려다 보며 나의 상 속에
     그것은 내가
     충분히 알지 못하는 내 손의 결 속에
     그것은 달과 같이 나날이 변화하지만
     순환은 되풀이된다.”

“신의 지문” 中 엠마, 더럼, 노스캐롤라이나

“God's fingerprint
    This is the pattern I see behind my eyelids
    and when I look at a leaf
    or perhaps just the ocean from afar
    It's in my reflection, looking up at me from the rippling water
    It's in the veins of my hands, which I
    don't know so well
    It changes like the moon day by day, but the cycle repeats.”

from "God's fingerprint" by Emma, Durham, NC

크기변환_janetbotes_Human-Nature-Time1.jpg “인간 자연 시간”  “Human Nature Time”

이 작품은 수년간 밀려올 조수를 미리 막고 거스르는 인간으로서의 우리 능력을 상징화한다.
    전체로서 우리는 끊임없는 화석 연료의 연소, 자원의 남용, 삼림 벌채와 우리의 소비로 인해 야기된 온실 가스들을 통해 의인화된 기후 변화를 초래해왔다. 우리는 미래 세대 삶의 질에 되돌릴 수 없는 피해를 초래해왔으며, 심지어는 우리의 방식들을 바꾸더라도 이미 그 포화상태에 이르렀거나 혹은 이를 넘어섰다.
    하지만 동시에 우리가 이 행성의 종으로써 우리 존재를 지구가 존재해온 시간과 비교해보면, 우리는 우리의 삶이 더없이 보잘것 없을 수도 있다는 것을 이해하게 된다. 우리가 남기는 영향은 수십 만년을 걸쳐 미래에 지속되지 않을 것이다. 우리는 우리의 일상 속에서 자연의 본질과 함께 뒤엉키는 시간의 조수에 끊임없이 저항하지만 결국은 자연의 순환, 성장, 그리고 변화를 부서진 껍질이 완전히 씻겨져 나가기 전의 밀려오는 조수로부터 물의 선을 일시적으로 저항하듯 더 이상 거스르거나 지연시킬 수 없다.

This artwork symbolises our ability as humans to stop or resist the tide coming in the years ahead. Collectively we have managed to cause anthropomorphic climate change through our ceaseless burning of fossil fuels, abuse of resources, deforestation and greenhouse gases caused by our consumption. We have caused irreversible damage to the quality of life of our future generations, and even if we manage to change our ways, we've already reached or passed the tipping point.
    At the same time, however, when we compare our existence as a species on this planet to the time that the earth has existed, we realize that our lives are quite inconsequential. The impact we leave will not last for hundreds of thousands of years into the future. We endlessly resist the tide of time that is entwined with nature’s essence in our daily lives, but eventually we cannot resist or impede nature’s cycles, growth and transformation any more than the broken shell temporarily resists the line of the water from the incoming tide before being washed away completely.

Janet Botes (South Africa)

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.